Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday, November 13 - The Macabre Arts

 


The Underworld was nothing like I expected it to be. Narrow tunnels similar to what sewage systems looked like and little areas of light on the ceiling, so that we could see into Heaven. The thought of looking at the good people of the afterlife disgusted me. However, Everyone crowded around these tiny lights like flies. There was pushing, shoving, and the breaking of bones. Malnourished skeletons staining for a glimpse of what could have been. I don't really care about seeing into Heaven. I've always known I would never make it there. The Underworld, however, is terrible. New arrivals are to stay in the first level for a century, feeling the worst form of torture, regret. After that, they were admitted into the real underworld, where tortures both man-made and mythical were waiting for us. I couldn't wait. While all of the crazed skeletons murdered for a glimpse into Heaven, I just sat, and waited.

1 comment: