Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, November 12 - The Haunted House

   I was just getting up to go to the bathroom during a break in the monster movie marathon, when I heard a strange laughter coming from above. Now, I had been warned by the real estate agent that people in this house often heard strange things, so I wasn't too concerned about the noise. I headed to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich when I heard the noise again. This time, it was closer. Nervous, I looked around and made my way upstairs to retrieve my gun. By now, the laughter was ear-splitting and sounded like a chorus of witches, cackling at their latest victim. I was determined not to be bothered by the continuous laughter and convinced myself that it would die down soon. With my gun in a firm grip, I walked slowly to the stairs, conscious of the never ending laughing screams. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a white mist trailing the floor. Knowing that was never supposed to happen, I shot at the floor, in hopes of scaring this mist creature away. The mist only grew, creating the most devilish looking monster you could ever imagine. I stumbled back, composed myself, and shot at the looming figure. It's teeth gnashed, its form convulsed, but it did not seem to be affected by my bullets. I kept shooting though, not knowing what else to do. The creature advanced towards me, mysteriously evading my bullets and growing even larger. I was sure my neighbors had heard all of the noise and were on there way, but I wasn't sure if they would come fast enough. The monster stepped through me and became my shadow, it changed from a wispy white to a sharp, cold, black. I glared at the shadow on the wall and shot. A piercing pain charged through my heart, and I collapsed. Moments later, the cold black monster came out of my body along with my soul. It looked scared, but it did not look like me. It's teeth were sharpened to a point like the monster's and it appeared to have lost some human features. The dark monster drew me away, to the attic where they lure their prey. I would live out the rest of my days as a laughing beast.

1 comment:

  1. It's like a wearwolf ghost O_O. This was great and spooky!

    ReplyDelete