Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday, August 13 - ANIMAL

TURTLE
    Rows and rows of grass obscured my view from the destination I had in mind. A nice twig was just sitting there and I thought it would be a nice gift for my wife. Our son, Snetle, had been missing for days now, and around here, that could mean a lot of things. My wife, Snell, was also annoyed right now because she had broken her leg a few days ago whilst searching for Snetle. She had accidently fallen into a mole hole that was buried under a pile of leaves. I didn't find her until that night, and it was a good thing I did, because that is when The Snake is on the prowl. The Snake owns every bush in the garden, so once a week, all of the residents have to give him ten percent of what they scavenged for that week. It is a pretty good deal considering The Bushes are a relatively safe place to live. Anyway, the reason it is not safe to be out at night is because that's when The Snake eats, and he gets very hungry and isn't picky.
    It is hard work providing for a family when you can only carry so much and walk so fast, but I can't complain. At least I am not a lizard, because they are so small and slimy and people step on then because they are so invisible. I've got a nice big shell to protect me from nearly anything. My family is good friends with the chipmunks, and we have a deal where once a month we trade their nuts for our grass salad. The Snake doesn't know about this business transaction, of course, because if he did, we would be kicked out of The Bush, and we would have nowhere else to go. Even if we did have somewhere else in mind, we wouldn't be able to make it out before The Snake's supper.
     I am almost to the twig now, maybe another twenty minutes or so I will be able to grab it, then I can go home to our bush where there is leftover grass salad waiting for me. If I could, I would move my wife, me, and our other son, Treetle, out to another garden, where we could scavenge at night in peace. But seeing as I am a turtle and can do nothing about it, I just trudged on.
me trudging towards the twig.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment