Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7 - The Flip Side

It was too hard to breathe,
It was too hard to see,
After losing the championship,
Oh, Woe is me!
 
I practiced for years,
Through blood, sweat, and tears,
I had dedicated my life to this sport.
Why am I even standing here,
In second place,
With a frown on my face,
I just don't understand,
Why I tried so hard to land
That cartwheel in the air,
Quadruple handstand.
 
What am I going to do now,
My entire life is crashing down,
That girl at the top of the podium is so lucky,
It's such a shame that she looks like a cow.
 
 
 
 
 
It is too hard to breathe,
It is too hard to see,
A million camera flashes,
Are pointed at me,
 
I practiced for years,
and faced my fears,
Until at last I could land,
The quintuple trifecta split stand.
With a smile on my face,
I stand in first place,
waving to the crowd,
Whose cheering is deafeningly loud 
 
The girl in second place looks so sad,
I wish I could help her,
She storms away mad,
Which I don't see why considering she just scored three points under.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you captured how you felt standing at second place, and how the other person felt standing at first. The way you described it, I could imagine it, and that is a great thing when writing.

    ReplyDelete