Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15 - I remember when...

   I remember when I used to erupt,
   A million sparks shooting up,
   Over the ocean,
   Across the sky,
   Scorching the heavens,
   But I was just passing time,
   Waiting for another,
   Just like me.
   But there wasn't another volcano,
   Not as far as the eye could see.
   Until one day,
   Impossibly far away,
   I saw a gleam in the air,
   That could have only meant one thing.
   So I waited and waited,
   Until I decided to sing,
   "I have a dream,
   I hope will come true,
   That your here with me,
   And I'm here with you,
   I wish that the earth and  the skies up above,
   Would send me someone to lava"
   So I waited some more,
   Until she could respond,
   With her own version of love,
   Using the words of her own song,
   "I had a dream,
   I know will be heard,
   By those up above,
   From us here on earth,
   I wish that our distance was not quite so far,
   To get to my someone to lava."
   I was touched by her words,
   And wanted to spend eternity with her,
   Yet we kept moving,
   At a rate that was getting slower and slower.
   Finally, years and years later,
   We met face to face,
   Her beautiful edges, points, and sparks,
   All of my plans fell into place.
   We lived happy together,
   Forever and ever,
   Sharing the sea,
   And smiling at everything.

1 comment:

  1. Positive = writing from the perspective of a volcano is something different so that's good
    Constructive = "I was touched MY her words," I think you mean, "I was touched BY her words"

    ReplyDelete