Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday, August 29 - Two Moons

                         Two Moons
Two moons mark the place where brave scientists were lost,
Researching from their submarine, but at what cost.
You can just barely see it if you search from the shore,
Away from the world, away from the wars.
The moon's appearance was a worldwide catastrophe,
Half the earth flooded, the other half in agony.
It brought a disease, the worst one yet,
I just caught it, soon I will be dead.
I came to the shore that started it all,
To say my goodbyes, to silently bawl.
I just want to know why this extra moon appeared,
To know why it killed us, to know why it's here.
Some say that the researchers are still out there searching,
I guess they don't know that the moon caused a purging.
I will always remember the men and the moon,
For when I die, I want them to remember me too.
The girl whose father was one of the researchers,
Who started the worst possible thing to ever occur.
I hope that there are some survivors,
And I hope that they get all they desire.
For they are our future, our past, and our present,
On them the dead and alive are dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment